- PhD in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar discipline
- Experience with statistical analysis and machine learning techniques for predictive modeling and data mining to solve manufacturing and process problems
- Strong skills and experience in Mathematical programming languages or frameworks like: Python, Matlab, or R.
- Experience designing and analyzing simulated and live experiments for process optimization and KPV studies
- Experience and relevant background in manufacturing processes and business logistics
- Experience querying large datasets, both in SQL and no-SQL data environments
- Experience designing, running, and analyzing large dataset results from experiments intended to develop a better fundamental understanding of certain processes or models
- Ability to lead and grow the data science and analytics technology and application for CCAM and its members
- This position requires access to technology or intellectual property that is subject to export control requirements. Candidates must be qualified for such access without an export control license.
The Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing (CCAM) is seeking a Data Scientist to work on collaborative teams with industry technical leaders, academic experts, and world-class researchers to develop and implement solutions for real-world challenges in advanced manufacturing.
In this role you will help discover technology breakthroughs and developments that can influence global manufacturing. Researchers perform in a dynamic, collaborative environment with cross-functional teams, and work with research managers and customers to develop, define, and execute research programs. Researchers are expected to provide training to technicians, interns, and visiting researchers from industrial and academic partners.
Individual Traits Key to Success at CCAM
- Approaches work with a collaborative, team-first mentality; positive, proactive, with a can-do attitude
- Genuine enthusiasm for the application of research to manufacturing processes
- Excels at problem definition; able to work effectively with open ended or ambiguous problems and/or applications
- Self-driven and results-oriented, with a clear focus on high quality work performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, conveys ideas at both technical and non-technical levels; must be a good listener
- Responsible and accountable; able to manage time, cost, and quality to meet project goals
- Eager to gain new experience and learn new skills
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.