The Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing (CCAM) is seeking a Systems Engineer to work on collaborative teams with industry technical leaders, academic experts, and world-class researchers to develop and implement solutions for real-world challenges in advanced manufacturing.
The Systems Engineer will support research & development efforts for Intelligent Factory programs and applications. The role includes development, implementation, maintenance, and modification of architecture, communications, query & API development, applications, and data management systems for the Intelligent Factory.
The Ideal Candidate Has the Following Qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or similar
- Experience with database development and/or administration, including one or both of non-relational databases (such as MongoDB) as well as relational databases and Structured Query Language (SQL)
Three to five years industrial (or similar) experience with some of the following technologies, applications, and systems is desired:
- Experience implementing standards-based systems for manufacturing automation using B2MML
- Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT) experience, such as using MQTT, AQMP, MTConnect, OPC, DDS, Kafka, or Pulsar for data streaming
- Experience with cloud-based data applications & data systems, such as Mindsphere, Predix, Azure, AWS, SAP HANA, C3IoT
- Familiarity with manufacturing automation standards like ISA-95, ISA-99, IEC 62443, Industrie 4.0, MTConnect, IIC (Industrial Internet Consortium)
- Experience with MongoDB, MEAN development stack, JSON, SOAP, XML, XQUERY, API development, Visual Studio, Track and Trace
- Experience building manufacturing automation solutions for industry or similar experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
In this role you will help discover technology breakthroughs and developments that can influence global manufacturing. Researchers perform in a dynamic, collaborative environment with cross-functional teams, and work with research managers and customers to develop, define, and execute research programs. Researchers are expected to provide training to technicians, interns, and visiting researchers from industrial and academic partners.
Individual Traits Key to Success at CCAM
- Approaches work with a collaborative, team-first mentality; positive, proactive, with a can-do attitude
- Genuine enthusiasm for the application of research to manufacturing processes
- Excels at problem definition; able to work effectively with open ended or ambiguous problems and/or applications
- Self-driven and results-oriented, with a clear focus on high quality work performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, conveys ideas at both technical and non-technical levels; must be a good listener
- Responsible and accountable; able to manage time, cost, and quality to meet project goals
- Eager to gain new experience and learn new skills
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Qualified candidates must be able to obtain and maintain U.S. security clearance.
The Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply now! Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.