- Degree program or area of focus: mechanical engineering, electrical engineering
- At a minimum, the candidate must have partially completed a scientific or engineering degree (at least two years of academic credit) and must be a student or recent graduate of a CCAM member university
- Skills: CAD experience (NX, SolidWorks, Creo, etc.), mechanical ability (handling tools, experience setting up robotic equipment), programming experience (MATLAB, Python)
- Additional skills including experience in mechatronics, sorting algorithms, data filtering, image processing, vision systems, NX, ROS are a plus
- This position requires access to technology or intellectual property that is subject to export control requirements. Candidates must be qualified for such access without an export control license.
The Robotics Intern will support CCAM’s research programs, helping to ensure that they are delivered on time and on budget to a high standard of quality. In this position you may design robotic fixturing for parts and processes, investigate robotic hardware and tooling, and program 6-axis industrial robots.
The Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing (CCAM), located in Prince George County, Virginia, is a leader in the development of advanced manufacturing solutions. CCAM is the center of an ecosystem where academia, government, and industry partner together to create real economic value. CCAM plays an active role in the development of a talented manufacturing workforce providing a substantial and diverse educational pathway.
The Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing is looking for interns who are intrigued by its mission and who desire to make contributions to programs and teams focused on high-technology manufacturing activities and high-value manufacturing systems. This will require the interns to have:
- A genuine enthusiasm for the development and application of scientific principles, engineering methods, and technology to manufacturing in industry
- The ability to quickly grasp key concepts needed to attack difficult engineering and manufacturing problems
- A positive, team-first attitude
- The ability to work independently towards an established goal without continuous oversight or assistance
The CCAM Intern Program runs concurrently with the semester schedule of our member universities. Openings will be available for a minimum of 12 – 14-week term at CCAM’s research center during fall, spring or summer academic semesters. Fall and Spring interns may work 25 – 40 hours per week (must be available for a minimum of 25 hours per week). Summer interns work 40 hours per week. Currently, CCAM only accepts applicants either attending or recently graduated from CCAM’s member universities.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The subject line should reference the position the applicant is applying for. For further information, please visit the CCAM website at http://www.ccam-va.com/.
The Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.