- B.S. in Mechanical engineering (controls), Computer Eng., Computer Science or related field AND some industrial vision experience, OR M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Engineering or Computer Science AND some relevant experience
- Industrial controls and machine vision experience
- Some skills and experience in some of the following programming environments: C/C++, Python, or Matlab.
- Familiar with computer vision libraries like OpenCV
- Experienced with machine vision tools and frameworks like Cognex or Halcon
- Experience in signal and image processing
- Ability to lead a small project team
- Support project proposal development with CCAM industry members and external funding opportunities
- This position requires access to technology or intellectual property that is subject to export control requirements. Candidates must be qualified for such access without an export control license.
The Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing (CCAM) is seeking a Machine Vision Research Engineer to work on collaborative teams with industry technical leaders, academic experts, and world-class researchers to develop and implement solutions for real-world challenges in advanced manufacturing.
In this role you will help discover technology breakthroughs and developments that can influence global manufacturing. Researchers perform in a dynamic, collaborative environment with cross-functional teams, and work with research managers and customers to develop, define, and execute research programs. Researchers are expected to provide training to technicians, interns, and visiting researchers from industrial and academic partners.
Individual Traits Key to Success at CCAM
- Approaches work with a collaborative, team-first mentality; positive, proactive, with a can-do attitude
- Genuine enthusiasm for the application of research to manufacturing processes
- Excels at problem definition; able to work effectively with open ended or ambiguous problems and/or applications
- Self-driven and results-oriented, with a clear focus on high quality work performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, conveys ideas at both technical and non-technical levels; must be a good listener
- Responsible and accountable; able to manage time, cost, and quality to meet project goals
- Eager to gain new experience and learn new skills
The Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.