The Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing (CCAM), located in Prince George County, Virginia, is a leader in the development of advanced manufacturing solutions in automation, surface engineering, machining, and additive manufacturing. CCAM is the center of an ecosystem where academia, government, and industry partner together to create real economic value.
The Project Coordinator will report to the Director of Operations to support research project execution. This role requires a candidate who is very organized and detail oriented and who possesses solid time management skills. The Project Coordinator must be a team-oriented individual with a positive attitude, be customer service oriented, and able to work with a variety of stakeholders. The successful candidate is a self-starter with the ability to work independently. They are also a problem solver who is focused on process improvement.
Project setup in pertinent systems
- Support project scoping, execution, and closure activities
- Maintain project awareness and keep stakeholders informed about status and potential project issues
- Coordinate and log change notices
- Ensure project documents are signed, logged, and reconciled with Finance
- Maintain project templates
- Generate weekly project metrics
- Help facilitate critical projects
- Ensure regular stakeholder updates
- Maintain project review schedule
- Manage proposal queue and status
- Resolve financial queries on projects
- B.S. Degree in Business or Engineering
- 2+ years project coordination experience or formal education in project management
- Industrial/technical background preferred
- PMP certification and/or experience working in a project management office a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- VBA and MS Access preferred
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Individual Traits Key to Success at CCAM
- Approaches work with a collaborative, team-first mentality; positive, proactive, with a can-do attitude
- Genuine enthusiasm for the application of research to manufacturing processes
- Excels at problem definition; able to work effectively with open ended or ambiguous problems and/or applications
- Self-driven and results-oriented, with a clear focus on high quality work performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, conveys ideas at both technical and non-technical levels; must be a good listener
- Responsible and accountable; able to manage time, cost, and quality to meet project goals
- Eager to gain new experience and learn new skills
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.