The Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing (CCAM) is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work on collaborative teams with industry technical leaders, academic experts, and world-class researchers to develop and implement solutions for real-world challenges in advanced manufacturing.
Senior Software Engineer
- BS or MS in Electrical and Computer Engineering or Computer Science with +5 years of industry experience
- Strong coding skills in relevant engineering languages such as C++, C#, java, python, etc.
- Basic experience in full stack web development to support a team of developers
- Familiar and up to date with Industry 4.0 and Industrial IoT efforts
- Experience working with communication and data exchange protocols, such as TCP/IP, UDP, OPC UA, MQTT
- Ability to write software for a range of applications from computer vision, data acquisition, communication interfaces/adapters, to the deployment and integration of advanced algorithms
- Experience with RTOS and embedded system development for ARM and x86 platforms
- Ability to lead a team of developers and engineers focusing on Industry 4.0 projects and technologies
- Experience with project proposal development with CCAM industry members and external funding opportunities
- Not required, but nice to have: Experience with automation software systems like PLM, MES, MOM, SCADA, HMI, DAQ
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
In this role you will help discover technology breakthroughs and developments that can influence global manufacturing. Researchers perform in a dynamic, collaborative environment with cross-functional teams, and work with research managers and customers to develop, define, and execute research programs. Researchers are expected to provide training to technicians, interns, and visiting researchers from industrial and academic partners.
Individual Traits Key to Success at CCAM
- Approaches work with a collaborative, team-first mentality; positive, proactive, with a can-do attitude
- Genuine enthusiasm for the application of research to manufacturing processes
- Excels at problem definition; able to work effectively with open ended or ambiguous problems and/or applications
- Self-driven and results-oriented, with a clear focus on high quality work performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, conveys ideas at both technical and non-technical levels; must be a good listener
- Responsible and accountable; able to manage time, cost, and quality to meet project goals
- Eager to gain new experience and learn new skills
The Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply now! Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.