The Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing (CCAM) is seeking a Researcher to support our surface engineering team and work on collaborative teams with industry technical leaders, academic experts, and world-class researchers to develop and implement solutions for real-world challenges in advanced manufacturing.
The Ideal Candidate Has the Following Qualification:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science/Engineering, or related fields. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of complex equipment. Examples include industrial robotics, thermal spray equipment, vacuum coating equipment, laser processes, CNC machining equipment.
- Experienced problem-solving for relevant processes (analyze data, targeted experimentation, determine root causes, implement corrective action)
- Experience with data acquisition, instrumentation (high-speed is a plus), sensor selection, data analysis
- Knowledge in statistical analysis – designs of experiments, measurement system analyses, empirical process modeling
- Ability and interest to dig deep and develop the key process/property/performance relationships relevant to advanced manufacturing
In this role you will help discover technology breakthroughs and developments that can influence global manufacturing. Researchers perform in a dynamic, collaborative environment with cross-functional teams, and work with research managers and customers to develop, define, and execute research programs. Researchers are expected to provide training to technicians, interns, and visiting researchers from industrial and academic partners.
Individual Traits Key to Success at CCAM
- Approaches work with a collaborative, team-first mentality; positive, proactive, with a can-do attitude
- Genuine enthusiasm for the application of research to manufacturing processes
- Excels at problem definition; able to work effectively with open ended or ambiguous problems and/or applications
- Self-driven and results-oriented, with a clear focus on high quality work performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, conveys ideas at both technical and non-technical levels; must be a good listener
- Responsible and accountable; able to manage time, cost, and quality to meet project goals
- Eager to gain new experience and learn new skills
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Qualified candidates must be able to obtain and maintain U.S. security clearance.
The Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply now! Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.