- Skills in full stack development of web applications
- Experience/familiarity with relational and non-relational database systems
- Proficient and understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- This position requires access to technology or intellectual property that is subject to export control requirements. Candidates must be qualified for such access without an export control license.
The Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing (CCAM) is seeking a Web Software Developer to work on collaborative teams with industry technical leaders, academic experts, and world-class researchers to develop and implement solutions for real-world challenges in advanced manufacturing. In this role you will do full stack development of an Industry 4.0 web application; develop intuitive web interfaces for the next industry 4.0 application; design user-friendly UI for dashboards, time-series data, and standard manufacturing metrics; and develop REST interface/API for back-end No-SQL databases.
In this role you will help discover technology breakthroughs and developments that can influence global manufacturing. Researchers perform in a dynamic, collaborative environment with cross-functional teams, and work with research managers and customers to develop, define, and execute research programs. Researchers are expected to provide training to technicians, interns, and visiting researchers from industrial and academic partners.
Individual Traits Key to Success at CCAM
- Approaches work with a collaborative, team-first mentality; positive, proactive, with a can-do attitude
- Genuine enthusiasm for the application of research to manufacturing processes
- Excels at problem definition; able to work effectively with open ended or ambiguous problems and/or applications
- Self-driven and results-oriented, with a clear focus on high quality work performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, conveys ideas at both technical and non-technical levels; must be a good listener
- Responsible and accountable; able to manage time, cost, and quality to meet project goals
- Eager to gain new experience and learn new skills
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to MyCareer@CCAM-VA.com.
The Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.