Membership has many benefits. CCAM members:
- Become a part of a collaborative research community that sets the direction of future technology developments for advanced manufacturing applications in adaptive automation systems, surface engineering and additive manufacturing.
- Become integrally involved with advanced manufacturing technology developments and receive rights to non-exclusive, royalty-free licenses to all intellectual property developed through CCAM’s generic research program.
- Direct the work of CCAM research staff in directed research projects and own the intellectual property that results.
- Have access to academic faculty as well as their students – tomorrow’s business and manufacturing leaders.
- Leverage new technology developments that advance manufacturing and improve business.
Membership is offered at three levels:
Organizing Members join during CCAM’s formative stage and agree to a long-term commitment. They have influence over initial organization, management, vision and research plans. They appoint one voting member to the CCAM Board of Directors, the Industrial Operations Board and the Technical Advisory Council. Organizing Members sponsor directed research and participate in generic research activities.
Strategic Members appoint one voting member to the Industrial Operations Board and the Technical Advisory Council to lead activities. Strategic Members sponsor directed research and participate in generic research activities.
Principal Members serve on CCAM’s Technical Advisory Council and appoint one member from their ranks to the Industrial Operations Board. Principal Members participate in generic research activities.
Affiliate Members commit manufacturing equipment, tools and research instruments to CCAM and serve on its Technical Advisory Council.